lördag 26 september 2009

Growing older



Have you heard the expression;”young adult”? 40 years ago that expression did not exist. You were young then you became an adult. What has changed? Gradually the age of maturity has risen from mid teens to almost early thirties.

I’ve always been a bit odd. Never wanting to do what everyone else was doing. And ageing was no exception. I love older people and what they contribute to the world in words of wisdom, maturity and experience. I wanted to grow old with grace and embrace every age knowing every age has its charm.

I’ve changed my mind. Perhaps it’s a generation issue that I can’t get around. I want to be young, I’ve always looked at myself as young even thou I had to grow up fast and be very mature when I was younger. I liked being the youngest, liked being silly and messing up, always having adulthood in front of me.

Now I am annoyed because I think we all have a twisted way of defining being an adult. It’s something boring, a place where you’d given up and let yourself fall into a daze of daily routine. Nowadays I don’t think that hardly exist but still wee fear ageing with every fiber in our bodies. And I found that I don’t like it anymore, ageing I mean. But I think It’s more my romantic and poetic whew of life and love that is scaring me. Growing older I think that the wonderful, great and overwhelming love will not come to me. Silly love, love that aren’t responsible and safe are not happening when you get older.. Or is it??

And it feels like life is slipping away from me. When will I know what God wants me to be?

Growing older now in the young adult category, I’m trying to redefine myself. Who I’m I now, how will I transform my experience to this grown up person still making her the person I am inside? How did God intend me to be when I grew up?

How will I cope with this fear, with all my fear when I don’t know the roots to them all? All I know is that life can be really scary sometimes and make a grown person tremble.

Picture from: http://files.splinder.com/97f5540899da658f4b5eb660992aa882_medium.jpg

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar